2 months ago
Popularity and usage metrics for Snowflake
Organizations are always looking for how to get the most out of their data while controlling costs. Often, they don’t know which data assets they can trust, which have fresh data, which are most often used, and which can be eliminated.
We’ve added new usage and popularity metrics to help data teams manage their Snowflake assets. Use these new metrics to save cloud data warehouse spending costs by identifying the most used assets, finding people with the most context on each data asset, and more.
These new capabilities include.
- Sort by popularity: Sort search results on the Asset page using the Most Popular / Least Popular sort options.
- Popularity indicator and popover: Every Snowflake table, view, or column with query history in the last 30 days will have a popularity indicator on the search card.
- Asset profile usage metadata: For any table or view with usage metadata, use the Profile page to discover the most popular or least popular columns.
- Usage tab: Accessible in the sidebar, this contains the most important usage metadata for the asset such as Top Users, Recent Users, and which queries are Popular, Slow, or Expensive.
- Work with popular, slow, or expensive queries directly in Insights: Start working with any popular query, slow, or expensive query directly in the Insights Query Editor.
- Usage filters: Discover assets using powerful filters based on the number of queries or users, the last time it was queried, the last row updated, and total compute cost.